couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hendricks <mich...@ndrix.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r684092 - in /incubator/couchdb/trunk: share/www/script/couch.js share/www/script/couch_tests.js src/couchdb/couch_httpd.erl
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 22:11:10 GMT
On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 09:06:30PM -0000, damien@apache.org wrote:
> Author: damien
> Date: Fri Aug  8 14:06:29 2008
> New Revision: 684092

> Log:
> Idempotent document creation support, new HTTP api to generate UUIDs
> and support in the couch.js library for using them. Creating uuids
> client side ensure that document creation happens only once, despite
> automatic network retries.

Thanks Damien.  I had planned on sending a follow up patch to implement
these features as you requested but I wasn't able to schedule it in this
week.  I had one question about your commit so that I can improve my
mental model before sending future patches: why did you change the
_uuids API from a GET request to a POST?

--
Michael