couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Need another mentor?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 20:53:47 GMT
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Bernd Fondermann
<bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Gianugo Rabellino <gianugo@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 2, 2008, at 7:46 PM, Ted Leung wrote:
>>
>>> I think that this is good -- there's no notion of a "junior" mentor, so
>>> perhaps we should just add you as a mentor, or ask if one of the existing
>>> mentors wants to step down (I do not).   Probably should go to the Incubator
>>> PMC.
>>
>> Is there a maximum number of mentors? While I'd like to stick around, if
>> there is a set limit at three, I'm happy to step down and have Bernd take my
>> place.
>
> No, there isn't as far as I know. Three is the minimum, the more the
> better is how I understood previous discussions on general@incubator.
> Four is not too much so nobody needs to step down.

... so if nobody objects to have a fourth mentor within the next two
or so days, I'd take this to general@incubator and see what they are
saying over there, not expecting much resistance. Especially I
wouldn't want anybody to feel like he needs to step down or is no
longer on duty.  Then I'd  rather not be a mentor.

That said, thanks for accepting me. :-)

  Bernd