couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hello couchDB world
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:12:13 GMT

On Jul 10, 2008, at 8:45 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 06:40:13PM +0200, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>> Hmmm. While I'm fairly neutral and mildly interested in DSCM, I would
>> venture to say that developing stuff externally from the ASF
>> repository
>> is quite a no-no here, according to incubator rules.
>
> All I am essentially recommending is that he prepares his patches
> using some
> collaborative tool before presenting them to the development team
> for comment
> and perhaps merge.
>
> This is surely no different from simply saying "patches welcome" -
> I'm just
> dispensing some pragmatic advice at the same time.

Actually I'm not bothered by non-committers working on git to share
their findings with the community. I actually think it's an
interesting approach that might be worth some brain cycles. What
worries me is noticing that CouchDB committers themselves seem to
work on github. I don't know if you're syncing up git stuff with
stuff coming from the ASF repository (which might be kosher in a way)
or if you're actually using git as your primary development then
moving code the SVN (that's a no-no in my book).

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Blogging at http://boldlyopen.com/