couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hello couchDB world
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:22:39 GMT
On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:12:13AM +0200, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> Actually I'm not bothered by non-committers working on git to share
> their findings with the community. I actually think it's an interesting
> approach that might be worth some brain cycles.

Great!

> What worries me is noticing that CouchDB committers themselves seem to work on
> github. I don't know if you're syncing up git stuff with stuff coming from the
> ASF repository (which might be kosher in a way) or if you're actually using
> git as your primary development then moving code the SVN (that's a no-no in my
> book).

I can understand this. Fortunately, non of the CouchDB committers do anything
with git. We all work exclusively with the Apache SVN repository.

The only use of git in or around CouchDB is by users wanting to hack on personal
patches or branches, totally separate from the official repository.

The only reason I suggested git, and provided a link, is that it seems to be
already quite a popular thing for people to be using with the project.

I, for one, don't even have it installed. :)

I hope this clears things up a little!

Thanks,

--
Noah Slater, http://people.apache.org/~nslater/