couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB code coverage and profiling
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 14:07:35 GMT
On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 03:47:09PM +0200, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> Yeah, I don't know what the right place is, but it'd be nice if it was easy
> for a developer or tester to access. A flag will do for profiling, but not for
> the coverage (unless we implicitly recompile CouchDB which I don't think is a
> good idea).
>
> What about installing the source dir with the beam files? It appears to be not
> uncommon in the free software Erlang world to have a module-x.y.z/ebin for the
> beam files and module-x.z.y/src for the sources.

Okay, you have a point. Perhaps something like:

  ./configure --with-profiling --with-coverage

This would be more elegant that cluttering up `couchdb` or similar.

As for the ebin/src, sure, though we originally did that but one of my Debian
Erlang mentors suggested that it wasn't necessary, so I took it out.

Best,

--
Noah Slater, http://people.apache.org/~nslater/