couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: CouchDB on Windows (was Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release)
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:08:03 GMT
On 18.06.2008, at 15:47, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> For 0.7.2, after some fix, all cases except 1 can pass on Opera,
>> while IE
>> just cannot show couch_tests.html at all. For 0.8.0-incubating, IE
>> can show
>> test cases, but both Opera and IE can run none of the cases
>> successfully,
>> while Firefox can run most of the cases successfully (except 2, one
>> for
>> Unicode, and one for compaction).
>>
>> The problem for Opera is that when creating a DB, there should be a
>> "PUT"
>> request, but a "DELETE" is instead. This should be the fault of
>> Opera's JS
>> engine? I am not sure, but the phenomenon is strange.
>
> Could you try with the latest trunk. A ton of things changed since
> 0.7.2 was
> released. If you see any more problems, please open more bugs :-)
> Thanks
> for you help here.

He said he tried with 0.8.0 :)

I think most of the IE failures can be attributed to rather aggressive
caching of AJAX responses by the browser. We may need to play with
some caching headers here or use client-side hacks.

Opera 9.50 on Windows XP is behaving in a really really weird way that
I haven't figured out yet. It *seems* to be sending the synchronous
AJAX requests in random order or something.

Cheers,
--
Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de