couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.8.0 upgrade scripts
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:03:03 GMT
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 04:43:00PM -0400, Damien Katz wrote:
> For the backup tools, I was hoping for something using shell scripts and
> CURL, but I'm not sure thats possible though without enhancements to to
> the HTTP server. I don't want to add a long term dependency on Python
> just for backup tools.

IMO, Python is pretty pervasive. Adding it as a dependency wouldn't be Too Bad
considering the benefits it could afford us.

The first thing I could do is rewrite the couchdb/couchjs scripts for robustness
and to make use of getopt's --long-options which the bourn shell is unable to
offer in a portable way.

--
Noah Slater, http://people.apache.org/~nslater/