couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <>
Subject [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release (second round)
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:21:45 GMT

This is the first release under the patronage of the ASF Incubator.

This is a second round of voting for the 0.8.0-incubating release after fixing
several grave issues identified in the first round release artifact.

We're voting on the source distributions available here:

Version 0.8.0-incubating

 * Changed core licensing to the Apache Software License 2.0.
 * Refactoring of the core view and storage engines.
 * Added support for incremental map/reduce views.
 * Changed database file format.
 * Many improvements to Futon, the web administration interface.
 * Miscellaneous improvements to system integration and portability.
 * Swapped out Erlang's inets HTTP server for the Mochiweb HTTP server.
 * SpiderMonkey is no longer included with CouchDB, but rather treated as an
   external dependendancy.
 * Added bits of awesome.

P.S. I have successfully imported 0x8FBFCFBF and verified the signature on and have attached the output of the commands for reference.

Noah Slater - <>

View raw message