couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release (second round)
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:05:50 GMT
On 17.06.2008, at 01:21, Noah Slater wrote:
> This is the first release under the patronage of the ASF Incubator.
>
> This is a second round of voting for the 0.8.0-incubating release
> after fixing
> several grave issues identified in the first round release artifact.
>
> We're voting on the source distributions available here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/

+1

BTW, I ran RAT over the unpacked tarball, and it spit out the
following results:

   <http://scratchpad.cmlenz.net/2171d520f5c3b3c87074fe91e97812f1/>

The files marked as problematic can be categorized as follows:

BUGS, CHANGES, THANKS:
  "Notice, license, etc" files that RAT apparently doesn't recognize

configure, Makefile.in, Makefile, etc:
   Files that were generated by autotools in the build process

ac_check_icu.m4, jquery.js, json2.js, cjson.erl, src/mochiweb/
mochi*.erl:
   Third-party files properly listed in LICENSE/LICENSE

There are some config template files (such as couch.app.tpl.in or etc/
default/couchdb.tpl.in) that I'm not entirely sure about. Mostly
they'd fall under the "not really creative work" category, and some of
them don't even allow comments IIUC.

Cheers,
--
Christopher Lenz