couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release (second round)
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:05:50 GMT
On 17.06.2008, at 01:21, Noah Slater wrote:
> This is the first release under the patronage of the ASF Incubator.
> This is a second round of voting for the 0.8.0-incubating release
> after fixing
> several grave issues identified in the first round release artifact.
> We're voting on the source distributions available here:

BTW, I ran RAT over the unpacked tarball, and it spit out the
following results:

The files marked as problematic can be categorized as follows:

  "Notice, license, etc" files that RAT apparently doesn't recognize

configure,, Makefile, etc:
   Files that were generated by autotools in the build process

ac_check_icu.m4, jquery.js, json2.js, cjson.erl, src/mochiweb/
   Third-party files properly listed in LICENSE/LICENSE

There are some config template files (such as or etc/
default/ that I'm not entirely sure about. Mostly
they'd fall under the "not really creative work" category, and some of
them don't even allow comments IIUC.

Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at

View raw message