couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject [REPORT] Apache CouchDB - May 2008
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 17:14:54 GMT
CouchDB is a distributed document-oriented database system written in
Erlang. The project entered incubation on February 12th, 2008.

Work continued on adding the Reduce-part of our Map/Reduce powered
view system. Code for this is not yet in SVN, but is near completion.
We also began making CouchDB configurable at runtime. IBM want to
contribute JSearch-(JSON indexing built on Lucene)-support to CouchDB.
We are in the process of discussing how to do this with the
developers. JSearch as IBM-internal clearance of being added to Apache
projects. The license of this unknown at this stage.

Finally, we have been discussion open work items for our upcoming 0.8
and 1.0 releases respectively. We hope to be able to produce a 0.8
release soon.