couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r657926
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 10:36:25 GMT
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:17:55AM -0700, David Reid wrote:
> It's because we no longer use content-type to describe the programming
> language, which always seemed dubious to me anyway.

Not sure, but I think this might be a mistake.

>From IRC I gather that the content type of views POSTed to CouchDB is now
indicated with a "language" attribute in the request body. This feels a little
be RPCish, should we not be leveraging the HTTP level stuff for specifying the
content type of views POSTed to CouchDB?

I would be interested to hear Sam's opinion on this.

> Also since a lot of the possible languages for a view server to use
> don't have IANA assigned media types we'd just be making stuff up.

I see no problem with minting new media types for this.

--
Noah Slater - The Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/>