couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Ollie" <j...@ocjtech.us>
Subject Large Documents?
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 03:05:50 GMT
I'm just getting started with CouchDB and I noticed that mochikit
restricts document sizes to one megabyte.  Is there a reason to limit
the size of documents other than to prevent DoS attacks?  I modified
my copy of CouchDB with the attached patch and increased the maximum
document size to 50MB.  I was able to successfully save a large
document (although I haven't tried pulling it out yet).  The reason
that I want such large objects is to store images in the database, and
have the images replicated for redundancy.

Jeff