couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Runtime Configuration #1
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 22:08:53 GMT
Heya Damien,
thanks for the review.
On Apr 24, 2008, at 23:12, Damien Katz wrote:
> Things looks pretty good overall. Some thoughts:
>
> No special couchdb code should be in the config module. So the code
> for formating and dumping to std out and the code for creating a
> default couchdb configuration should still be in couch_server_sup or
> maybe couch_server. But not in couch_config.
>
> Actually there should be no single "default settings" code body,
> each module should deal with missing configuration settings on its
> own. And its fine if they don't handle the case of missing settings
> data and just fail.

At the moment there is no "default settings code body" apart from what
was in couch_server_sup already; it just feeds the ini values into the
couch_config instead of variables as before. Do you suggest getting
rid of that? How/where to read the ini file then? Should couch_config
expose functions to read ini values for the other modules to use?