couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Søren Hilmer ...@widetrail.dk>
Subject Re: Fulltext HTTP API
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 08:10:47 GMT
Great!!

In relation I am working on indexing using this algorithm:

when database change notification is received
   1. find document changed
   2. for all views defined in the fulltext design document
      a. get view with startkey_docid=<docid for changed doc> and count=1
      b. if total_rows is 1 then re-index this view for this document

Makes sense?

I guess I could save a lookup if a views query could be restricted based
on document revision.

For searching I need to do something similar, as the best idea I have come
up with is to still use the document id in the Lucene index, and then do
the same starkey_docid,count=1 for the view, if the return value in the
design document is specified to view.
For this to make sense the search-api needs to be extended with the view
you are searching, or do we want to always search all views defined in the
designdoc?

--Søren

--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc., M.Crypt.
wideTrail            Phone: +45 25481225