couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Runtime Configuration #1
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:54:55 GMT
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 05:12:01PM -0400, Damien Katz wrote:
> Bigger question: When upgrading the server, how to populate the defaults
> in an existing ini file? What do we do now?

Well, no matter what the user does, if you install over the existing install the
configuration gets reset/wiped, so this isn't really a problem.

If the user wants to preserve the configuration they can install the new
configuration into a staging area and diff between the existing and new.

This is pretty standard stuff in the Autotools world, so I have been told. :)

--
Noah Slater - The Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/>