couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Søren Hilmer ...@widetrail.dk>
Subject Re: Lazy Fulltext Search
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 06:55:38 GMT
Hi Jan

It certainly would simplify configuration, allthough the
DbUpdateNotificationProcess setting ought to be retained as it is
potentially usefull for other stuff than indexing (can you have more than
one of these, setup?)

I am also worried about responsetimes for searching, potentially the
indexing can take considerable time. With the current approach indexing
can be done off peak hours and only searching is done at prime time.

Have fun
  Søren
--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc., M.Crypt.
wideTrail            Phone: +45 25481225