couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Call for testing: "fancypants" branch
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:13:45 GMT
Hey all,

I've been working on some improvements to Futon (the web user
interface you get under /_utils/) on a separate branch, dubbed
"fancypants".

Improvements include:
* "Save As" support: You can save a custom query as a view in a design
document, or save any query in a different location. This comes with
autocompletion for selecting existing design docs and/or views.
* Instead of native Javascript alert/prompt/input dialogs we now use
thickbox-style overlays. This allows for more complex input forms
(such as required for the save as feature above) and avoids problems
with Javascript input dialogs in IE>=7 (which thinks such dialogs
present a security hazard for some reason).
* Textareas are now vertically resizable in browsers than aren't known
to natively support that (i.e. all except for Safari 3).
* There's a link from the view code editor to the corresponding design
document.
* Move to json2.js (see <http://ejohn.org/blog/the-state-of-json/>)
* Upgrade included jQuery to 1.2.3.

As far as I can tell the branch works very nicely, but of course it'd
be nice if others had a look at the changes and provided some feedback.

You can checkout the branch from:

   <http://couchdb.googlecode.com/svn/branches/fancypants/>

And build as usual. Or just pull the share/www directory from that
branch and try it, it's the only place where changes have occurred.

Ideally I'd like to see this branch merged back into trunk before we
do the code import to the Apache repository.

Thanks!
--
Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de