couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <damienk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository procedure proposal
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:47:23 GMT
I think I agree with Jan. At this point in the project, while the
code is still young, most work should go into the trunk. I think the
trunk should be in working condition, but considered unstable for
deployment. To keep things moving forward, most new code should go
into the trunk.

Therefore branches will be created when we want a stable code stream
(releases), or when we are working on disruptive changes (ex.
mochiweb), but generally all new work should go into the trunk.

Later in the project, as project and code base and contributors get
bigger, we may need to switch to a more structured system, but for
now I think a single, slightly unstable trunk with occasional
branches is the most efficient way.

-Damien