couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: Initial code drop
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 04:47:55 GMT

On Feb 21, 2008, at 2:56 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Jan Lehnardt wrote:

>>> Has anyone checked the status of the switch from GPL to ALv2?
>>>
>>> I found the announcement (link below) but not a lot beyond that.
>>> Were all the original authors contacted for the licence change or
>>> was there some form of copyright assignment to "couchddb"?
>> Damien Katz is the sole author of CouchDB, Noah Slater's work is
>> the build system and Christopher Lenz developed the administration
>> interface. I contributed the initial Lucene part of the fulltext
>> search and some minor things. We all were aware of the License
>> change and informally agreed to assign any copyright to Damien. I
>> don't know if that is sufficient for the situation but that's how
>> it stands :-)
>
> Not sure of the legal details, but having a small number of
> existing contributors and they are all involved here (right?)
> should make it easy to resolve.

As long as we have everyone, and it sounds like we do, then this
should be pretty easy to resolve.   I'm not sure exactly of the
mechanics - it may just be that the initial import is of a version
with all the license headers changed to AL 2.0.   I guess we need to
ping legal-discuss about this...

Ted