couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Initial code drop
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:55:55 GMT
On 21.02.2008, at 07:56, Ted Leung wrote:
> I think that would be nice, although not mandatory to preserve the
> history.

Even if that history contains the previous GPL licensed version of the
code base?

> What's more important is that we be able to verify that all the code
> is clean from an intellectual property point of view: <http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

So IIUC one prerequesite to getting the code into the Apache
repository is having CLAs on file for all contributors? How do we know
what the status is in that respect?

Other than that, is any action needed with respect to the following
external code included with the CouchDB source:

  * SpiderMonkey: dual-licensed MPL/GPL
  * couch_inets: Erlang Public License (http://www.erlang.org/EPLICENSE)
  * jQuery: dual-licensed MIT/GPL
  * json.js: "public domain" (we'll probably switch to json2.js, but
that's also public domain)

Then there's the javascript shell (shell.js and shell.html) which I
*think* is based on external code, but it's not clear where exactly it
comes from. Maybe Damien or Jan remember? Anyway, I think if there are
problems with this we should simply drop it, and point people to
Firebug.

Cheers,
--
Christopher Lenz