couchdb-announce mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.5.0 released
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 18:27:21 GMT
Dear community,

Apache CouchDB 1.5.0 has been released and is available for download.

CouchDB is a database that completely embraces the web. Store your
data with JSON documents. Access your documents with your web browser,
via HTTP. Query, combine, and transform your documents with
JavaScript. CouchDB works well with modern web and mobile apps. You
can even serve web apps directly out of CouchDB. And you can
distribute your data, or your apps, efficiently using CouchDB's
incremental replication. CouchDB supports master-master setups with
automatic conflict detection.

Grab your copy here:

  http://couchdb.apache.org/

Pre-built packages for Windows and OS X are available.

CouchDB 1.5.0 is a feature release, and was originally published on 2013-11-05.

These release notes are based on the changelog.

Changes

* COUCHDB-1781: The official documentation has been overhauled. A lot
of content from other sources have been merged, and the index page has
been rebuilt to make the docs much more accessible. #54813a7
* A new administration UI, codenamed Fauxton, has been included as an
experimental preview. It can be accessed at /_utils/fauxton/. There
are too many improvements here to list them all. We are looking for
feedback from the community on this preview release.
* COUCHDB-1888: Fixed an issue where admin users would be restricted
by the public_fields feature.
* Fixed an issue with the JavaScript CLI test runner. #be76882, #54813a7
* COUCHDB-1867: An experimental plugin feature has been added. See
src/couch_plugin/README.md for details. We invite the community to
test and report any findings.
* COUCHDB-1894: An experimental Node.js-based query server runtime has
been added. See Experimental Features for details. We invite the
community to test and report any findings.
* COUCHDB-1901: Better retry mechanism for transferring attachments
during replication. #4ca2cec

On behalf of the CouchDB PMC,

Dirkjan