corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Post mortem request for the handling of the Corinthia podling
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2016 17:10:28 GMT
Hi -

I agree with Dennis and for similar reasons. A combination of personal issues and differences
in concerns about when and how to handle the edges of legal policy occurred.

It became clear that the community was not a good fit with this "situation." The community
"self deported". I use "" to indicate that others might use different words. I don't care
to debate it, these are my current interpretations. I have no desire to "pull the scab" on
this matter.

In addition a post mortem will have a sample size issue. Retirement is happening and this
list is going away. The bulk of the community is long gone.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 8, 2016, at 5:23 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>
> Joe,
>
> Based on activity and remarks I have observed on other Apache lists, I think that lessons
have been taken from the collapse of the Corinthia podling although not addressed directly
to the Corinthia situation.

> I looked at the postmortem template and find that it is not very suited to an Apache
project, although some of the items might be responded to.  Also, Corinthia expired pretty-much
during start-up.

> I have two reservations about engaging in a post mortem.
>
> 1. A key breakdown occurred around personnel issues/conficts that played out mainly on
the private Podling Project Management Committee list among the project members and the mentors
together.  Those matters deserve to remain private.

> 2. As a character in that drama, I must recuse myself from attempting any kind of assessment.
>
> Bertrand may have something more useful to say based on his broad perspective on Apache
projects and incubation of podlings.