corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Post mortem request for the handling of the Corinthia podling
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2016 01:23:00 GMT

Based on activity and remarks I have observed on other Apache lists, I think that lessons
have been taken from the collapse of the Corinthia podling although not addressed directly
to the Corinthia situation.

I looked at the postmortem template and find that it is not very suited to an Apache project,
although some of the items might be responded to.  Also, Corinthia expired pretty-much during

I have two reservations about engaging in a post mortem.

 1. A key breakdown occurred around personnel issues/conficts that played out mainly on the
private Podling Project Management Committee list among the project members and the mentors
together.  Those matters deserve to remain private.

 2. As a character in that drama, I must recuse myself from attempting any kind of assessment.

Bertrand may have something more useful to say based on his broad perspective on Apache projects
and incubation of podlings.

 - Dennis

View raw message