corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <>
Subject Board report September 2015.
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 14:56:34 GMT

I have now filed the board report text.

Due to different last minute information, I had to change the part about our
community problems.

If anybody disagrees with the wording, please go ahead and change the
directly, but then please also remove my x as mentor (as I of course need
to read
the changes before signing as mentor).

This will be the last board report for corinthia I write, so please
consider who is to
do the job for the next report (in 3 month time).

Thanks for the trust.
jan i.

Corinthia is a toolkit/application for converting between and editing common
office file formats, with an initial focus on word processing. It is
to cater for multiple classes of platforms - desktop, web, and mobile - and
relies heavily on web technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript for
representing and manipulating documents. The toolkit is small, portable, and
flexible, with minimal dependencies. The target audience is developers
to include office viewing, conversion, and editing functionality into their

Corinthia has been incubating since 2014-12-08.

  1. Solve the community crisis and avoid a break

aware of?

The community is experiencing a major breakdown. The mentors have accessed
the situation
including several attempts to stop the breakdown without success. IPMC have
been informed
with a suggestion which are being considered.

It is to be expected that several core developers will leave the project in
a very short term
unless a solution is found.

  We are proud that we have managed to make our first release.

  Added support for 32/64bit windows.

  Made the setup of a build environment a lot easier, a PPMC provide all
  third party libraries prebuilt.

  A long discussion about licenses lead to major difficulties in deciding
  whether and how to proceed with one of the project’s two main
  components, an end-user editing app. As a result this development is
  being redirected.

  Our buildbot setup is slowly taking shape, this is important since it will
  allow a nightly build as well as a nightly test.

Date of last release:

  2015-08-28 Release 0.1

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  2015-06-12 Ian Cunningham
  2015-08-31 Gavin McDonald

  [ ](corinthia) Daniel Gruno
  [x](corinthia) Jan Iversen