corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Thoughts about our editor in a new environment.
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 08:26:05 GMT
Hi

I have been thinking how we can make 1 editor, available where we want it
to be available, and how we can structure the software so we maximize reuse.

My thoughts are surely not a golden egg, but hopefully enough to start the
discussion.

Centering our editor around the existing JS seems logical.

The JS scripts should be our one and only, editor FUNCTIONALITY (meaning
how to insert/delete etc, but not the activators like buttons).

In order to make the JS script useable as a library, we need to add (at
least) 1 JS file that contains:
- The list of actions that can be called, with explanation (e.g. "insert
style at position")
- The list of callbacks that must be supplied with explanation (e.g. "save
this HTML5 document")

With that library it becomes easy to add different editor frameworks, which
seems to have very little in common.

I suggest 2 frameworks
- Qt, for all standalone based editors for all platforms
- A web based editor using node.js and python binding.

Thoughts ?

rgds
jan i.