corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI, I have subscribed to this list and to your private list
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 05:52:12 GMT
On Friday, September 4, 2015, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Bertrand,
>
> Welcome to the list. Perhaps I have not been the mentor here that I have
> been on other projects. I aspired to the light touch like was used for Flex
> and Olingo.

You have been a good mentor in here ! you helped us cool things down when
they became too personal,  you managed to create space where one part kept
silent while you tried to make proposals on how to continue.

When you took an active role, I could take a step back and instead, which
was a good thing, because I was too involved but also the only one fighting
to keep the community together.

> At what point in time should Mentors seek help from the rest of the IPMC
> when a community starts to meltdown? Or will the IPMC prefer we go to
> ComDev? What do we do when things go to MAD - mutual assured destruction?

That is my question too, and can mentors then also expect to get help when
asking.

lets face it, help of a type that causes a mentor to resign, seems less
constructive.

> Let's face it diversity is hard.

yup and it would be good to accept that in a small community it is very
important that personalities work together.

I think we (you and me) knew after having tried  a lot, that this was a
question of one person or a community.....what we see now is the
consequence expected.

> Let's see if the only sound here becomes crickets. I hope not.

i am sorry to say, I believe the resignations should be taken seriously,
some of us (maybe all) do not use resignation as a threat.

we cannot talk about what happens on other lists, which is sad because you
did an excellent job in describing the problem and the response was not
what was expected.

Thanks for your help Dave.