corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI, I have subscribed to this list and to your private list
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 12:14:19 GMT
On 3 September 2015 at 14:05, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 2:01 PM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
> > ...All committers are also PPMC, which of course makes it harder to
> remember
> > where to post :-)...
>
> My rule is to always post to the dev list unless something absolutely
> needs to be on the private list.
>
> As you say, most things that mention people's names belong on the
> private list, but it's often possible to discuss things in the open
> without disclosing embarassing details or secrets.
>
> AFAIK you had discussions about how to elect new people for example,
> such discussions belong here (with a [MENTOR] tag as suggested) and
> not on your private list. The less traffic there the better.

Again I agree, and we actually did have the generic discussion about
qualifications for
new people here....while the in private discussion was concentrated about 1
potential
committer.

I must admit though, that I strongly believe the problems in this community
are not the
traffic on private or dev, but how fronts have been built between
developers who actually
do something while adhering to the apache rules and some others.

You need to make your own opinion on the problems, maybe fresh eyes sees
something
new.

rgds
jan i.