corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI, I have subscribed to this list and to your private list
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 07:57:56 GMT
Hi Dave,

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> ...At what point in time should Mentors seek help from the rest of the IPMC when a
> community starts to meltdown? Or will the IPMC prefer we go to ComDev? What do
> we do when things go to MAD - mutual assured destruction?...

Reaching out to the Incubator PMC is fine, and if that's possible
using public lists for that is much better - people express things
differently there and it helps in exposing the elephants in your
rooms.

But I don't think there's a general rule as to when that happens.

Forming a podling is difficult as if often starts with a team that
hasn't necessarily chosen to work together. I bet the situation would
have been very different if you guys had been able to meet in person,
but in email that's quite hard.

-Bertrand