corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject FYI, I have subscribed to this list and to your private list
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 11:55:53 GMT
Hi Corinthia community,

As your report mentions community difficulties, I have subscribed to
this list and to your private list as well, to see if I can help
resolve those and move forward.

I am currently a member of the ASF's Board of Directors please note
that this is not The Board speaking - I am only here as an experienced
ASF member and incubation mentor, who likes to fix community-related
things when that's possible. There's absolutely no reason for the
Board to get involved in your current issues, worst case the Incubator
PMC could comment but the Board has more foundation-wide issues to
tackle.

I'm a big fan of being as concise as possible, so don't take any
terseness from my side as a bad sign, and feel free to ask if I'm
being too terse (in future emails - for this one that's already over
;-)

If there are specific questions about the incubation process, ASF best
practices etc. I would recommend that people use a [MENTOR] marker in
subject lines. I have absolutely zero technical interest in the
software that you guys are creating, so this helps filter out what
might be relevant for people like me and for your mentors.

Lastly, I had a look at your private list's archives and there's way
too much traffic there IMO. In general, 99% of discussions can be
brought here by suitably formulating things in a way that avoids
disclosing any secrets. And people often behave much better on a
public list.

Let's see what can be done to fix this community.

-Bertrand