corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] corinthia PPMC+committer -= dortef, franz, gbg, ianc, jani, louis, pmkelly
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2015 02:22:34 GMT
Hi Marvin,

Very true. I am sorry that we did not come to the IPMC sooner. Perhaps after my second attempt
to cool things. Maybe a mentor should use frustration to determine when ask for help. Maybe
it should not be private@. What if there was a mentor@ private ML explicitly for this help?
Mentor confidential.

I think the Incubator being separate from ComDev may also be an issue. It can take time to
grow a community and learn the balance between policy and pace of conversation. Apache can
not be only policy. To many in the podling it began to feel like that - only policy. People
asked for that to cool.

Also Apache needs a release policy for binaries that would allow the best UX/UI API for the
platform to be used even if it is GPL. If you have subscribed to legal-discuss the last few
months you know why that discussion was impossible. If that can be worked out then at least
it would help other projects.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 5, 2015, at 6:16 PM, Marvin Humphrey <> wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 3:36 PM, jan i <> wrote:
>> As noted elsewhere, I saw the request from bertrand and he had access
>> within an hour, I never saw yours (Dennis is also moderator, so he
>> should/can have seen it), so I do not understand the delay.
> Ted is doing what he can, and it's only been a few days. We are all
> volunteers and do not always have the freedom to drop what we are
> doing to give Incubator matters our full attention.
>> To be very honest the IPMC have had plenty of time to react on the call
>> from Dave and Me, but decided to react differently. There was a
>> reason why I resigned as mentor, it was not because I did not want to help
>> the community, but because the IPMC told me quite clearly how wrong I
>> was...and just maybe that was the drop that caused the resignations.
> What I wish everyone involved would strive to remember is that
> personnel conflicts are inherently difficult and draining, that
> mistakes are often made and responses often poorly calibrated, and
> that there are real people receiving these emails who may experience
> intense emotions as they read them.
> PS: Surely this response is imperfect as well.
> Marvin Humphrey

View raw message