corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI, I have subscribed to this list and to your private list
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 12:48:26 GMT
> On 3 Sep 2015, at 7:28 pm, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...All of us have expressed our views clearly on the dev and/or private
>> lists - you’ll be able to see all sides....
>
> I won't have time to read all of that, for now my plan was just to sit
> here and watch what happens. If people do things based on specific
> discussions in those archives, please provide links for context.
>
> And if people are leaving anyway...it's not catastrophic for an Apache
> podling to fail, that happens.

Understood. There’s too many links to cover it all; basically the majority of discussions
that have happened in the last couple of months have related to the problems. I prefer not
to provide a summary because it’s going to be inherently biased towards my own views, and
others will have have different interpretations of events.

I suggest though that a “post-mortem”, so to speak, may be useful for Incubator to help
understand the causes of the project’s failure and consider how a similar outcome could
be avoided in the future. I’m not sure if the problems were systemic or simply a clash of
personalities.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org