corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 0.1 candidate
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 20:06:32 GMT
The ODF schema is taken from here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-schema.rng

(linked to from https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office#technical
under the title "Open Document Format v1.2, Relax NG Schema”)

I did a compare using diff to verify they’re the same - they show up as difference but it’s
whitespace only (diff -w shows no differences).

There’s a license on page 4 of http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/OpenDocument-v1.2-part1.pdf,
which I would assume applies to the .rng file.

The OOXML RelaxNG files are, I believe, originally retrieved from here:

http://www.ecma-international.org/news/TC45_current_work/TC45_available_docs.htm

However the files in the repository are in the XML-based dialect of RelaxNG, not the compact
syntax used above. I converted the original files to the XML-based format using trang (http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang.html)
so I could more easily process them.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org

> On 14 Aug 2015, at 2:52 am, Peter Kelly <pmkelly@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I get the following error when running CMake:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:64 (add_subdirectory):
>  add_subdirectory given source "consumers/dfutil/src" which is not an
>  existing directory.
>

> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:69 (add_subdirectory):
>  add_subdirectory given source "experiments/flat/src" which is not an
>  existing directory.
>
> The two lines referencing these directories should be removed from CMakeLists.txt
>
> I’m also wondering about the licensing situation regarding the ODF and OOXML schema
files in the schemas directory. I can’t remember off hand where these originally came from,
but I’m pretty sure they were from the official websites of the respective specifications,
as an appendix/attachment. They are not needed for building the code, and don’t need to
be included as part of the distribution (though I see no harm in doing so if there are no
licensing problems).