corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] incubator_corinthia_release_0.1
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 05:55:21 GMT
> On 19 Aug 2015, at 4:04 am, Dennis E. Hamilton <> wrote:
> 23 August is Sunday, not Monday.  It might not matter, but a simple solution is to simply
keep the [VOTE] open until Monday, 24 August 2015.

I’m almost tempted not to reply to this, because I’m honestly getting *really* sick of
all this nitpicking about procedures every time we have a vote instead of focusing on the
substance of what’s being voted on. But I’ll bite...

I don’t understand this thing about weekends. I get it that some people may only spend Monday-Friday
working, and want to have three full “business” days available to consider their vote.
That makes sense if they’re doing votes as part of their regular 9-5 job.

But one could also make the argument that people working on open source projects outside of
their day job only have the weekend available to do so in any significant. That would suggest
the inverse, ensuring that votes always cross weekends, because such people are too busy with
their day jobs during the week to participate in votes. All of us are in different situations
regarding our schedules.

I think following (what I assume to be) the standard 72-hour period is what we should follow.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>