corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PRE-VOTE] Release candidate 0.1
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:33:09 GMT
> On 14 Aug 2015, at 11:50 pm, Dennis E. Hamilton <> wrote:
> Jan,
> Help me understand this procedure a little bit better.
> I assume that if a new release candidate file is created, that rescinds the previous
votes, because they could not be about that version of the file.  (Maybe calling this a [PRE-VOTE]
is not a good choice, but since [VOTE]s are being collected, I am not certain what to call
this procedure.)

This period is for the purposes of letting people check to the file to see, e.g. if it compiles
(the last release candidate didn’t for me). I expect there may be more release candidates
if there are any more problems like that need to be fixed. Once the actual [VOTE] starts,
that’s when the file must not be changed. The [PRE-VOTE] terminology Jan chose was to express
the notion that it is *not* a [VOTE].

The offer for people to give their votes before the official [VOTE] period begins is an optional
one, for the purposes of convenience. Anyone who wants to wait until the official [VOTE] starts
before casting their vote is free to do so.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>