corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriela Gibson <>
Subject Re: Corinthia: ASF or GitHub?
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 17:26:40 GMT
Hi all,

I was one of the people to receive repeated emails that were in
essence attempts to move the list's problems into a private space
where methods could be used that would clearly be unacceptable on the
list itself, under the veil of confidentiality.

I do not regard such communications as deserving privacy.

Regards Peter's email, I agree 100%.

I would like Dennis to leave, I do not trust him, I find him difficult
to deal with, I detest his modus operandi, and there is no way I will
ever change my mind about that, or interact with him in any way,

Moreover, I have coded 'under fire' elsewhere before and was held to
ransom with by own creation because I found it hard to walk out on my
work, and I'm so not going to do that ever again.

Ps.: Yes, that's a strong, uncompromising opinion and I thought long
and hard whether to post this, because it will add more disharmony and
Dennis will be hurt by being told my deepest thoughts in such an
unvarnished way, which is something that makes me sad for him, but I
also feel that he needs to learn this lesson and be made aware of the
true and full effects this all has on people.

I only wish that I would have written such a letter to other people
making exactly the same mistakes years ago, this entire experience is
a deja vu for me and it contains years of pent up consideration about
what happened.

This time is no different at all, the details vary, but the core and
pattern is exactly the same.

In the end, I decided to post, because some kindly people feel they
can paste over such a deep crack with the 'if only we could all
forgive and get along' method.  I used to think that way, and, I have
a number of such failed experiments in my life to show for it, along
with the scars such experiences leave on the soul.

I know it doesn't work (even though I'd love if it did) and this time
round, I'm going to be adamant to defend my little island of happy
coding community, filled with people I like --- it took me long enough
to find it.

Visit my Coding Diary:

View raw message