corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject [PRE-VOTE] Release candidate 0.1
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 10:09:44 GMT
I have now incorporated all comments from
- Justin
- Peter
- Daniel, note some of the missing ALv2 headers are valid and have been
explained in a DISCLAIMER file.

I have prepared a new release candidate

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/corinthia/incubator-corinthia_release_0.1.zip

and the signature:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/corinthia/incubator-corinthia_release_0.1.zip.asc

Peter suggested that in order to avoid having multiple votes, we do a
"PRE-VOTE", where you all can wet the candidate and I can make updates
without having to rerun a vote.

For the actual vote we will follow the standard guidelines:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
"Votes on whether a package is ready to be released use majority approval
<http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#MajorityApproval> -- i.e.,
at least three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release, and there
must be more positive than negative votes. Releases may not be vetoed."

Timeline:
PRE-VOTE start, Friday 14th August
PPMC VOTE start, Wednesday 19th August
IPMC VOTE start, Monday 23th August
Make release bits (hopefully) 28th August

A couple of remarks to the timeline:

- there has already been several release candidates available starting
August 9th, so there has been plenty of time to test and we now have 4 days.

- PPMC members are welcome to cast their vote in the PRE-VOTE, and I will
transfer it to the actual vote.

- Even though you have cast a vote, you can change it anytime while the
PRE-VOTE and VOTE is open.

Looking forward to announce our first release.
rgds
jan i.