corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PRE-VOTE] Release candidate 0.1
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 07:36:56 GMT
On 17 August 2015 at 09:16, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>
>> my fork at
>> https://github.com/pescetti/incubator-corinthia/commits/Release_0.1
>>

> I realize this is dangerous terminology. "fork" is Github's preferred way
> create a local copy for suggesting patches. So this is NOT a "fork" as in
> "Andrea's personal version of Corinthia", I'm definitely NOT doing that.
> Simply, it is easier for me to use this process rather than studying how
> git is implemented at the ASF. When/If I have something serious to
> contribute to the repository, I'll do it following the proper ASF workflow.

I for one, did read it like you describe and not as a Andrea personal
version.

I personally do it a little bit different, I have cloned (as opposed to
fork) our official repo, and then have several local branches, that makes
it a lot easier to merge. Please remember you do not need to make patches,
just commit to master :-)

I have however no problem if you prefer to make patches, and are happy to
integrate them, just wanted to make sure, that you know you have the karma,
and should
you make a "bad" commit, well that is one reason for using a version
control system (ask Peter, how he handled some of my commits).

Your previous mail suggest, that you already made changes, but it also
sound as if you expect to make more before we start voting ?

rgds
jan i.