corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is Qt the right choice ??
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 06:29:51 GMT
With all due respect I am a bit concerned.

I think the interface to Qt and e.g. Cocoa, is a important interface for
the project, so we should discuss the general design before you start just
programming. I have
no doubt that you are capable of doing it, but I am also sure there are
other people (like myself) who also have experience can attribute
positively to make the
interface more flexible and a community effort.

My second concern is that you are also working on "flat", which seems to me
to be the most critical part for the project. I have a good understanding
of what you are developing, but I am pretty sure the others don´t.

You do not want to be the main programmer, but by taking all the
interesting pieces and leaving bread crumbs, you will continue to stay the
main developer. I
am not the one to block you from doing things, but I would wish you would
concentrate on getting flat to a condition where we can release it. The
editor framework is
surely a lower priority and can be done by others (e.g. me) of course with
the input from the rest of the team.

I know you have a fantastic energy and burn for the project, so please do
not read this as I am criticizing, please read it as a concern as to how we
get others
to be main developers alongside you.

We do not get new main developers, by developing pieces to interfaces you
have defined. Taking me as the example, I have Qt experience (did core work
on Qt years ago) but have 0% interest in developing code to a given
interface for a platform I do not care about, so I would do other things
(like I just did 32/64bit and zip), but
it means I would not be a main developer.

rgds
jan i.