corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][PRE-VOTE] Release candidate 0.1
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 19:14:02 GMT
> On 15 Aug 2015, at 1:54 am, Dennis E. Hamilton <> wrote:
> Git has provision for using a consistent line ending in the repository but switching
to the local platform's line ending (for what are recognized as text files) when unpacking
a clone into local folders.
> If a source-release clone is Zipped on a local machine, that Zip will have whatever line-endings
are found in the local folders.
> Could that be a factor in the problem being noticed here?

Yes - in fact I just reached the same conclusion and confirmed this is what happened. I believe
Jan must have built the zip on a windows machine (or at least from a repository that was cloned
under windows). I just did a clean clone under OS X and confirmed that the line endings are
in Unix format. So we can get Unix line endings (and thus the tests passing) simply by creating
the zip under either Linux or OS X.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>