corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <>
Subject Re: [PRE-VOTE] Release candidate 0.1
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:53:16 GMT
Hi Jan,

I just tried this version and all none of the tests fail. A quick look at some of the files
shows they’re now using Windows line endings (\r\n), instead of Unix line endings (\n).
The test code doesn’t handle this. It should, but also the files should have remained in
Unix line format after they were moved.

It’s late here and I don’t know any tools off-hand to check for line endings, but tomorrow
I’ll put together a script to check and make sure we’re using Unix line endings in all
the test files.

Later on I’ll modify the tests to handle \r\n, but I think we should standardize on a single
line ending; I think git can convert where necessary with the right setting?

Dr. Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>

> On 14 Aug 2015, at 5:09 pm, jan i <> wrote:
> I have now incorporated all comments from
> - Justin
> - Peter
> - Daniel, note some of the missing ALv2 headers are valid and have been
> explained in a DISCLAIMER file.
> I have prepared a new release candidate
> and the signature:
> Peter suggested that in order to avoid having multiple votes, we do a
> "PRE-VOTE", where you all can wet the candidate and I can make updates
> without having to rerun a vote.
> For the actual vote we will follow the standard guidelines:
> "Votes on whether a package is ready to be released use majority approval
> <> -- i.e.,
> at least three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release, and there
> must be more positive than negative votes. Releases may not be vetoed."
> Timeline:
> PRE-VOTE start, Friday 14th August
> PPMC VOTE start, Wednesday 19th August
> IPMC VOTE start, Monday 23th August
> Make release bits (hopefully) 28th August
> A couple of remarks to the timeline:
> - there has already been several release candidates available starting
> August 9th, so there has been plenty of time to test and we now have 4 days.
> - PPMC members are welcome to cast their vote in the PRE-VOTE, and I will
> transfer it to the actual vote.
> - Even though you have cast a vote, you can change it anytime while the
> PRE-VOTE and VOTE is open.
> Looking forward to announce our first release.
> rgds
> jan i.

View raw message