corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Builds in source directory
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 07:43:36 GMT
I’ve just added a check at the beginning of CMakeLists.txt which makes sure the user is building
in a directory other than the root of the source tree. This should avoid the problems we’ve
discussed with Visual Studio/XCode projects/Makefiles etc. being put in inconvenient places.

If you now try this in the repository root:

    cmake -G “Unix Makefiles” .

You’ll see the following message:

    Building in the source directory is not supported. Instead, you should
    create another directory specifically for the build. For example:

    mkdir ~/build/corinthia
    cd ~/build/corinthia
    cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" /Users/peter/dev/corinthia

    Before this will work, you should delete CMakeCache.txt and
    the CMakeFiles directory that were just generated in the source
    directory.

(In the above message, the cmake command given uses the generator and source directory given
by the user, so you’ll likely see a slight difference when you run it yourself)

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org