corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PRE-VOTE] Release candidate 0.1
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 17:35:19 GMT
> On 15 Aug 2015, at 12:23 am, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> We could  name the release candidates .rcx some projects to do that. But I
> personally do not like that we vote about foo.r5.zip but upload foo.zip to
> the release
> server. I want to vote on the exact image that will be uploaded to dist.

Actually I think having .rcx would be good, because then we can easily distinguish between
the different versions, and when the official [VOTE] begins it can be “Vote if you agree
that foo-0.1.rc5.zip (with signature 0xABCDEF) should become the official 0.1 release”.
Then there’s no ambiguity as to which actual file we’re voting on.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org