corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to make a branch RO ?
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2015 14:14:16 GMT
On 29/08/2015 Peter Kelly wrote:
> While tagging should do the job, it’s still typically possible to delete or change
tags.

Are you (plural) saying that Corinthia 0.1 is not tagged? Indeed it
isn't, just checked. Yes, for sure it must be tagged, but the tag will
apply to the whole repository state and not to a branch specifically.
Also, the problem with mutable tags Peter explained is a real issue.
You'll want to sign or annotate your tag properly. I'm unaware of a
specific policy in place, but I'm sure that searching your inbox (or the
ASF mailing list archives) for the word "immutable" will retrieve the
relevant conversations and allow you to have enough context on what
other projects do; git is widely used at the ASF after all. I can take a
look at my archives too if useful, but hopefully the above suggestion is
enough.

Regards,
   Andrea.