corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] make release 0.1
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2015 17:59:43 GMT
Peter Kelly wrote:
>> On 1 Aug 2015, at 10:18 pm, jan i wrote:
>> +1, I assume you mean the file contains the names of people who have
>> actively done commits on what is being released ?
> Yes - everyone who’s name is present as an author or committer in the git log

I've seen this debated somewhere. I don't remember the answer, but maybe
it's good to check with the Incubator PMC and ask. For sure it's stupid
to annotate the source files directly, and nobody is proposing this
here. As for a separate file with contributors, I find it totally
reasonable but I seem to recall a discussion saying that attribution at
the ASF is tracked exclusively in version control logs... I don't
remember seeing a compelling reason for that anyway.

Regards,
   Andrea.