corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <pmke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Corinthia, suggested board report
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2015 16:05:07 GMT
> On 29 Aug 2015, at 10:10 pm, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> jan i wrote:
>> The community needs immediate help from the IPMC. One person is
>> causing a major break in the community
>
> So much has been written in public that I can comment in public. Your (Jan's) determined
effort to remove Dennis from Corinthia is excessive. The fact that you feel the need to single
out Dennis so often in the mails you write to the dev list, including the mail celebrating
0.1 where you still had to take revenge on the "one guy" who tried to slow you down, is frankly
excessive. This attitude may justify that people go (or remain) silent just to avoid being
the next in your kill list.

Jan is by no means the only person who has been frustrated, and trying to fix the problems
we’ve been having. I fully agree with what he has said in the report (both the public and
private sections).

What I care about is building great things - code and community - for the public good, and
without unnecessary bureaucracy. There are many types of communities, but I want to be part
of one where everyone offers constructive criticism and helps to solve problems, not try and
slow things down or elide entire parts of a project without a valid reason. I can tolerate
the latter in a paid job, but not as an individual participant in an open source community.

I want to believe in ASF and that it’s possible for me to do the work here. If ASF is not
able to provide such an environment, then that work will necessarily have to happen elsewhere.

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org