corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS][PRE-VOTE] Release candidate 0.1
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 18:54:48 GMT
I am failing to be clear about something.

Of course I am on the project.

And I am reviewing a release candidate.

My review is from the perspective of what a third party needs to know in order to obtain and
use the release candidate, were it approved as a release.

Isn't that the purpose of such review?  To assess what they will find and its nature with
regard to Apache Project practices, etc.

I do not need to be taught how to add a public key to my key ring, or how to find Jan's key
on the list of Apache committer's keys.

My question is as a reviewer, applying my beginner's mind as well as I can. I assume the third
party is not on our dev@ list and is responding to an announcement of the availability of
an incubator release.  I do not want to rely on tacit knowledge or what I could figure out
as a knowledgeable participant on ASF Projects.  We're talking about something made available
to the public.

Is that understandable, now?

 - Dennis