corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Is using Bison & Flex ok?
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 01:51:19 GMT
Yes, I think using the source .y and .l files and requiring the proper build tools to generate
the parser code is the safest bet.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kelly []
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 17:30
Subject: Re: Is using Bison & Flex ok?

[ ... ]

It’s my opinion though that, like you, i feel it’s best to include the source grammar.y
and lexer.l in the tree, since this is the only representation that is meaningfully usable
by a developer. For experimental code, I don’t see a need for the generated output to be
in the repository. For a release perhaps, though even then I’d argue for requiring bison
& flex to be installed for a build.

Dr Peter M. Kelly

PGP key: <>