corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject UI Abstraction Layer (was RE: Is Qt the right choice ??)
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 14:54:38 GMT
I am unavailable for work on the UI abstraction layer.

 - Dennis

BACKGROUND

I am preoccupied with the ODF (and perhaps later OOXML) document-model abstractions and procedures
for assessing degrees of conformance of document files and compliance of document processors.

That is why I came here and it is also what returned my attention to Apache OpenOffice.

Other pressing matters are already delaying my attention to document-format interoperability-assessment
work.

I see just that work lasting another year, already longer than I had planned.

While UI abstraction is an interesting challenge, and API development is a strong card for
me, my plate is already full.  Down the road, I have a completely different project, related
to computation theory, that is very high on my bucket list and has very little to do with
Corinthia or Apache OpenOffice.  I must clear my current accountabilities and projects in
order to make room for that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kelly [mailto:pmkelly@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2015 23:45
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is Qt the right choice ??

Fair point - to be honest I really don’t want to do the GUI work, and think that the resistance
against Qt is extremely …. how should I say, unfortunate.

Sometimes the most effective way of motivating me is to make me angry. The “fine, i’ll
write my own damn cross-platform UI toolkit” response is what’s been driving me the fast
few days :)

But I agree this is work other equally-capable members of the project could do, my time is
best devoted to Flat (which I enjoy working on much more).

Dennis, is the UI abstraction layer something you would be willing to contribute to?

[ ... ]