corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Release_0.1
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2015 17:19:50 GMT
I have no objection to external/ being removed altogether.

I did not know for certain that it is no longer being used.

I think it showed up as uncommitted content on my system because I had material there from
an older build.  That was useful in hunting down iconv.h, though[;<).

I have removed the external/ directory in my clone.  That should resolve that one case.

I'll remove the clause in .gitignore.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: jan i [mailto:jani@apache.org]
Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2015 09:27
To: dev@corinthia.incubator.apache.org; Dennis Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
Subject: Re: Release_0.1

On 9 August 2015 at 18:11, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
wrote:

> I notice that files ending in "~" can show up in the repository.  These
> are usually local backups of files that have been edited and should not be
> in the repository.

That is correct, I spent time removing them in the source zip.

> I also notice that the .gitignore does not eliminate other artifacts that
> are not needed in the repository.  I have updated the .gitignore (on
> master, at least) to ignore more cases of artifacts that may arise in
> editing and building but that are not part of the repository or released
> code.  Some of this may simply be valuable as documentation for what we
> keep out of the repository in direct form.

I tend to disagree here. When I edit I also do the cleanup, if we add too
much to .gitignore it just becomes more complex to isolate the actual
source.

I will not veto that it is being done, but just state that I am not happy
with it.

> I have also added external/download/* to the .gitignore.  Is the folder
> used any longer?
> (I can no longer find the scripts that were used to download and extract
> the externals for Windows builds.  Have they been removed and I simply
> missed it?)

That went away a while ago, when we made the 32/64bit CMAKEfiles. It was
announced on dev@ and of course as commits.

This is a good example why I do not want to expand .gitignore, the right
thing would be to remove the directory on your local computer.

> Please review for others that might be needed, especially for non-Windows
> platform cases.

hereby done.

> PS: I notice that under Editor/src/3rdparty/showdown there is a
> license.txt file that has requirements for NOTICE.  (The license is
> BSD-like.)

Yes and ??? I hope you have noticed that it is not part of the release.

You should look at branch Release_0.1 for all release relevant material.

rgds
jan I.