corinthia-dev mailing list archives

From Ian C <...@amham.net>
Subject Re: Is Qt the right choice ??
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2015 11:38:29 GMT
I've just been poking around for a few minutes to see what is out
there for HTML editing.

There seem to be quite a few. Instead of creating one maybe we just
piggy back on one or more of the existing editors and maybe supply a
plugin.
Eg http://ckeditor.com/ ?

I'm not entirely clear how an editor would fit into our system.
If for instance we want to edit an ODF document then behind the scenes
it will call dfconvert to create html.
The editor will then render the HTML and a user can add/edit/delete
sections as required.
Then we have a saveAs so they can write it back to ODF (which since it
came from ODF I assume would be the default)
or can save into another format?

Then behind the scenes again it will call dfconvert put to update the
original document? Or dfcreate if saving to a different format?

So what I am suggesting is if we can find one we can just make it use our tools?

Are there any other Apache projects with HTML editors? I saw Lenya pop
up but that doesn't look like a fit.

--
Cheers,

Ian C